Earn and Learn your way to a career in Construction with our Pre - Apprenticeship Programme
Courses start each Monday throughout the year. Register with us today, using the form below.
If you are 16-24 and want to work in Construction apply now for our Construction Pre-Apprenticeship programme.
The pre –apprenticeship is a 12 week programme designed to get you into a full apprenticeship programme.
About the programme
- You will learn skills in one or all of the following areas: plumbing, carpentry, brickwork, and painting and decorating.
- You will spend three days a week at college for 12 weeks at both the Tottenham and Enfield Centres. You will attend College Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 9am –4.30pm
- You will develop an understanding of the construction trade areas, improve your technical knowledge, learn about employment skills and get a CSCS card which will grant access to all construction projects.
- You will receive an interview by an employer
- We work with a number of employers, such as; Ardmore, Mullaley and Co Ltd, United House, RG Taylor or Homes for Haringey.
- You will have a personal tutor who will guide and support you, and have access to our careers and counselling service. Financial advice is also available.
Benefits of the Pre- Apprenticeship programme
Frequently asked questions
What is an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships refer to on-the-job training leading to industry recognised qualifications.
How often will I attend training?
You will attend training three days a week for 12 weeks.
Will I be sitting exams?
Yes. There will be practical and theory based assessments and online exams. You will need to be prepared to work hard but it will be worth it!
Watch Construction Video
Careers in Construction
How much can I earn?
- Construction worker: £15,000 (CSCS card and experience) to £40,000 (Site Supervisor)
- Plumber: £10,000 (apprentice) to £30,000 (experienced)
- Electrician: £8,000 (apprentice) to £30,000 (experienced)
- Building Surveyor: £24,000 (with degree) to £100,000 (experienced/manager)
To register your interest please complete the enquiry form below